We’ve been working hard to show the world what Belgium is made of. In January we took the win over Team Germany in a very exciting game! We hope to have more of these to come on our way to the 2014 World Cup in Dallas, Texas.
Everyone knows that roller derby is all about “by the skater, for the skater”, but sometimes, you need that ‘little’ extra help. That’s why, on one of our national meetings, the representatives of all Belgian leagues have decided that we’re in need of a team manager.
We’re looking for a person who is willing to overview the organization of our national roller derby team and bring all Belgian leagues together as one.
So, are you a great organizer, who loves to make lists, just to cross things off? Are you a born communicator, full of structure and do you like to boss some people around now and then? Then you might be who we’re looking for!
Note: you don’t have to be a roller derby coach or player, but interest and commitment in/to the sport is an advantage on top of your managing skills.
The Team Belgium manager will be responsible for overviewing everything that’s happening within the team, during events and making sure everyone know when to be where to do what
This ‘job’ requires a lot of investment, time and availability. You are fully committed for a whole year (season 2014-2015). This is a voluntary position, you will not be paid.
This can include (f.e.):
– Follow-up tasks of league reps
– Sending out reminders for deadlines
– Be involved in production of bouts/events
– Ultimate responsibility during bouts/events (from set-up to clean-up)
– Communication of schedules towards players/officials/volunteers
– Being a contact person (internal interleague)
– The go-to-person for players with questions
– Follows up on timeline, travel schedule, making sure everyone has a place to sleep
How do you apply?
Send us an e-mail with your previous experience(s), your motivation & a recommendation letter to email@example.com. We’ll review your application and you’ll be hearing from us asap!
April, 30th of 2014