No prior skating skills are necessary to become an amazing roller derby player. No matter what size or shape you are, there is a position for you. If you have the dedication, we will make sure you get the training.
First, send us an e-mail and we’ll give you more information about our practices, the gear we wear and membership dues. A couple of weeks before the next fresh meat day, you’ll receive a registration form which you’ll need to fill in to participate.
If you love us and roller derby, then this is our training schedule:
- every Monday: 19:15 – 22:00 (advanced)
- every Tuesday: 19:15 – 22:00 (beginners)
- every Thursday: 19:15 – 22:00 (beginners + advanced)
- every Sunday: 13:30 – 17:00 (beginners + advanced)
- all skaters must be 18 years of age
- all skaters must be able to commit 2-3 nights a week to practice and work within the league
- all members must understand there is a financial commitment to roller derby which includes monthly dues, insurance, and purchasing your own skates and gear
- all paperwork must be completed and turned in
- before you are eligible to compete in a bout, you must pass a skill test (but don’t worry, we’ll teach you!)
Would you rather llike to lay down the law? OLRD is recruiting referees to boss us around. Both male and female refs are welcome.
You can rent skates for €3 but our stock is limited. So if you do have skates: please bring them! Make sure you bring extra socks with you in case the skates you wear are a little bit big. Plus, if you can, bring emergency-shoe laces.
You can rent protection (knee, elbow, wrist) for €2. If you have your own protection: bring them! We skate with a helmet on and we wear volleyball pads under our knee protections. If needed, you can rent a helmet for €1.
If you have any questions, don’t wait ’till your ass gets kicked, but send us an email. So, if you’re interested in this fast paced, full contact sport on wheels, and in becoming a roller girl, drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.